Saturday, January 8, 2011

Bihar CM Nitish Kumar holds Janata Darbar despite mother's death




Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar held Janata Darbar in Patna on January 3, 2011 despite bereavement following his mother's death. He heard grievances of hundreds of people at the darbar.

Kumar's mother Parmeshwari Devi (92) died after prolonged illness on the New Year day.

“Though for me it is a period of bereavement because I lost my mother, and my colleagues suggested me not to attend today's programme, I preferred to hold the programme as people thronged my house from far-flung areas," he said.

Photo: Aftab Alam Siddiqui

3 comments:

  1. This is what i called commitment towards the people. A true Public Servant! Hats Off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mera nan niyaz hai
    mai bihar ke muzaffar pur ka rahne wala hun
    lekin abhi delhi me rahta hun
    mere mummi papa ek zameen ko le kar bahut padeshan hain
    isi wajah se mai bihar ke cm Mr Nitish Kumar ji milna chahta hun
    kiya mujhe milne ki ijazat milegi
    meri id hai
    mohammadniyazuddin@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mai Surya Narayan Yadav.village+Block- Tardih ka rahne wala hun mere yanha sabhi officer ghuskhor hai jiske karn ghus nahi dene par mara koi bhi kam nahi hota hai isliye ye massege nitish jiko bhej raha hun taki ispar just action liya jai.

    ReplyDelete