The cause of the fire in the flat numbers 303 and 304 belonging to one Sushma Kumari, director, Technoculture Building Centre, was yet to be ascertained. At the time of the incident one helper was in the flat while the owner was out of the city.
The helper, who was sleeping in a room of the flat, felt suffocated in the Sunday/Monday night due to smoke which engulfed the room badly. She woke up and called the neighbors.
On being informed, five fire tenders rushed to the spot and tamed the blazing flames. Police said actual loss of the property could only be quantified after the return of the owner.
Police, however, could not rule out the possibility of short circuit as cause of the fire.
Photo: Aftab Alam Siddiqui